Realistic Christianity

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Study Partners

I have a lot of people I learn from everyday. The World Wide Web makes this possible for me. It’s like going to school every morning when I fire up my computer. I have instant access to countless ideas and thoughts. I love it!

It has programmed me to think, to question, to probe the voices of others. I have found the courage to put myself out there and face critique. Learning happens. Knowledge swells. Life changes.

People I’ve never met personally have become my friends and teachers. I know that to form relationships in a virtual world leaves doesn’t fill the void of true relationship. That’s the challenge—to move beyond and take the lessons and live them; to bring the virtual world into my world.

I aim to develop more intimate and edifying relationships with a people I can see, touch, smell and hear. But I don’t plan on dumping those teachers I’ve come to respect who teach me from the screen of my computer or that speak from the speakers of my sound system. They’ve grown into wonderful study partners.

1 Comments:

  • Hey,

    I am sorry things have been crazy for you guys. A double loss like that is tough.

    Call me man so we can discuss the wedding and what not.

    Ron

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/29/2007 10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home