Realistic Christianity

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Ever don't know what to do?

Decisions to make.

Choices presented.

Pros and cons.

Sometimes I throw my hands in the air in frustration, pulling at my hair in distress, because I can't figure out what to do. One moment I have it, and in the next breath it slips through my fingers. The right choice. The correct decision. It leaves and misses me like the hope of the Texas Rangers making the playoffs.

I wait on God but grow impatient too often. I wonder, what is he really going to do? Will he show up and tell me? I realize that in my haste I've ventured the wrong direction on many of my decisions. And I also know that I've not mastered the art of deciding correctly. It just seems that at times all options appear viable, worth pursuing. And, unfortunately, my flesh chimes in on occasion.

What happens if I choose wrong? What will come of it? Well...I just don't know, maybe something bad or something worse. But I have decided to lean on this: if I love God and pursue him in all decisions, all things will work out for good. He'll clean up my mess. He'll mop up my spills (Romans 8:28).

Good thing too...I can sure make a mess at times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home